Aquatic sports have always been a huge crowd puller when featured in the Summer Olympics. This time the excitement is going to get doubled because the immensely popular surface water pastime sport – Surfing will make its debut appearance in the 2021 Summer Olympics. Surfing is one of five additional sports proposed by the Tokyo 2021 Organising Committee to bring more youthful and vibrant events and culture into the Olympic program.
This is the first time that the Olympic Games been postponed or canceled for reasons other than war but rarely has the world come to a grinding halt the way it has over the novel coronavirus. Everyone was waiting with bated breaths as they wanted the 2021 Olympics to be a glimmer of hope amidst the worldwide chaos.
But worry not because new dates have been released, and the aquatic sport with its intriguing surfers is going to rule the waters from 26th July 2021 till 29th July 2021.
Japan’s busy capital Tokyo is going to host the 2021 Summer Olympics, making it the first city in Asia to host the Summer Olympics twice, the first one being held in 1964. Despite being rescheduled for 2021, the Games have retained the “Tokyo 2021” name for marketing and branding purposes.
Hosting the first-ever Olympic surfing competition, Tsurigasaki beach in Chiba is a sandy stretch with world-class waves. An absolute treat for all surfers and enthusiasts together!
Live Stream Surfing at 2021 Summer Olympics
The surge of excitement for this year’s Olympic Games is huge, and the 2021 Summer Olympics will be televised by a number of broadcasters throughout the world. Some of them are listed below:-
- The broadcasting rights in Australia belong to Seven Network
- For Austria, it is ORF
- TyC Sports, in Argentina
- In the case of Belgium, the official broadcasters are VRT and RTBF
- Grupo Globo and BandSports in Brazil
- Canada has CBC/Radio Canada, Sportsnet, TSN and TLN
- As for China, it is CCTV
- DR will cater to the Danish audience
- France Télévisions and Eurosport for France
- Germany will rely on ARD and ZDF
- ERT in Greece
- Sony Pictures Network own the broadcasting rights in the Indian subcontinent
- Italian audience will rely on RAI
- The broadcasting rights in Japan belong to Japan Consortium
- Televisa, TV Azteca and Imagen Televisión own these rights in Mexico
- As for the Netherlands, it is NOS
- TVNZ in New Zealand
- SBS reserves broadcasting rights in both North and South Korea
- It’s TVNorge in Norway
- In Peru, it is Grupo ATV
- In Poland, TVP
- RTP, in Portugal
- In Singapore, it is Mediacorp
- Spain has RTVE
- SABC and SuperSport for South Africa
- Kanal 5 in Sweden
- Switzerland will rely on SRG SSR
- Plan B Media and AIS have these rights in Thailand
- In the United Kingdom, it is the usual BBC and Eurosport.
- NBC Universal has the broadcasting rights in the United States
Watching Surfing at the 2021 Summer Olympics without cable:
Don’t have the access to a cable connection and getting anxious you’re going to miss out on the entire entertainment? Here’s a long list of multiple solutions to your little problem! You can easily stream through these platforms and quench your growing thirst for surfing.
- Hulu+ Live TV: Catch complete live coverage with a USD 54.99/month subscription that gives you access to all NBC channels. Hence watching the Olympics will become hassle-free with this subscription.
- Fubo TV: Subscription to this sports-oriented streaming service will let you access limited coverage. While the USD 59.99/month enables you to watch 100 channels, the USD 64.99/month allows you to watch 109 channels and stream them across 3 devices simultaneously.
- Youtube TV: A USD 64.99/month subscription will let you access limited coverage of the Olympic events including surfing.
- You can also consider watching the Olympic Games on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
Watching Surfing at the 2021 Summer Olympics from anywhere in the world
Surfing lovers who are just about to cross the limit of their disappointment because of inaccessible live streaming platforms or broadcasting channels, just hold your breath to embrace amazing news! VPNs can be used to access region-restricted websites sitting from anywhere in this world and is just enough to fulfill your immense desire to enjoy the championship thoroughly by using a VPN service like NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
Watching Surfing at 2021 Summer Olympics using Reddit
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website. Being a brilliant social platform, Reddit allows you to log in and enter your credentials, and get yourself immersed into the astounding yet easy world of subreddits leading you directly to the Summer Olympics 2021 live coverage. With just a little effort to find the relevant links, you can enjoy live-action surfing absolutely free of cost!