As the summer Olympics approaches, sports enthusiasts around the world buckle up for this quadrennial sporting extravaganza where over 11000 athletes from 206 IOC-recognized states will compete against each other for the ever-so-coveted Olympic medals.
The Athletics aficionados will have the luxury of indulging in as many as 48 different track & field as well as the marathon and road-walking competitions for women and men combined.
The Summer Olympics were originally scheduled to take place between 24th July and 9th August , however, the Games were postponed amid the COVID 19 pandemic. The Summer Olympics will now be held from 23rd July 2021 to 8th August 2021, making it the first Olympics games in history to have been rescheduled to a later date, rather than having been called off altogether.
Athletics at the Summer Olympics will be held over the period of its final 10 days, from 30th July 2021 to 8th August 2021.
The Japanese capital city of Tokyo was selected by the IOC to host the Summer Olympics. Despite being held in 2021, the event still retains the ‘Tokyo ’ name for branding purposes.
Athletics at the Summer Olympics will be held at the New National Stadium, and Odori Park, in the city of Tokyo.
Watching Athletics at Summer Olympics live stream
Since the Olympics is very much a global sporting event, a number of broadcasters around the world have reserved their regional rights to telecast this event. Following is a list of the official Summer Olympics broadcasters for various regions:-
- Australia: Seven Network
- Austria: ORF
- Argentina: TyC Sports
- Belgium: VRT and RTBF
- Brazil: Grupo Globo and BandSports
- Canada: CBC/Radio Canada, Sportsnet, TSN and TLN
- China: CCTV
- Denmark: DR
- France: France Télévisions and Eurosport
- Germany: ARD and ZDF
- Greece: ERT
- Indian subcontinent: Sony Pictures Network
- Italy: RAI
- Japan: Japan Consortium
- Mexico: Televisa, TV Azteca and Imagen Televisión
- New Zealand: TVNZ
- North Korea: SBS
- Norway: TVNorge
- Peru: Grupo ATV
- Poland: TVP
- Portugal: RTP
- Singapore: Mediacorp
- Spain: RTVE
- South Africa: SABC and SuperSport
- South Korea: SBS
- Sweden: Kanal 5
- Switzerland: SRG SSR
- Thailand: Plan B Media and AIS
- United Kingdom: BBC and Eurosport
- United States of America: NBC Universal
Watching Athletics at the Summer Olympics without cable?
Apart from the official broadcasting channels, one can also enjoy the Olympic Games by choosing to stream the live coverage on their laptop, desktop, mobile devices, or a compatible TV via the following streaming services:-
- Hulu+ Live TV: One can easily find access to NBC channels on here, all you need to do is get hold of the base plan that costs USD 54.99/month.
- Fubo TV: Inspite of limited NBC coverage, this sports-oriented streaming service is definitely worth considering.
- Youtube TV: With a USD 64.99/month subscription you can access limited coverage of the Summer Olympics on this platform.
- Apart from these options, you can also watch the Olympic Games on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
Watching Athletics at Summer Olympics from anywhere in the world
If you are unable to stream live coverage using the above-mentioned streaming services or broadcasting channels, chances are you have encountered the annoying problem of ‘geo-restriction’. However, it’s nothing much to worry about; you can easily overcome this little hurdle by using a VPN service, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, etc.
Check out Archery at Summer Olympics live coverage and details here.
Watching Athletics at Summer Olympics using Reddit
Reddit is an amazing versatile social platform that gives you access to a wide range of content from all around the world. Once you register yourself and create an account, with a little effort you can find links posted by fellow Reddit users that allow you to live stream the Summer Olympics on your device. The best part? It is absolutely free of cost.