The 2020 Summer Olympics will see athletes from over 200 IOC recognized states compete against each other for one of the most prestigious recognitions in the world of sports, the Olympic medals.
Wrestling fans around the world have been lucky enough to enjoy it in every modern Olympic Games (except for 1900 Olympics), and this year will be no exception. Wrestling at the 2020 Summer Olympics will feature 18 different events over the three categories of Men’s Freestyle, Women’s Freestyle, and Men’s Greco-Roman.
Originally set to be held between 24th July 2020 and 9th August 2020, it had to be postponed to the later period between 23rd July 2021 and 8th August 2021 due to concerns over the Covid-19 pandemic.
One can catch all the Wrestling action at the 2020 Summer Olympics from 1st August 2021 to 7th August 2021.
The Japanese capital city of Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympics.
The Wrestling events at the 2020 Summer Olympics, however, will be held at the Makuhari Messe, in the city of Chiba, just outside Tokyo.
Check Shooting At Summer Olympic Games here.
Watching Wrestling at 2020 Summer Olympics live
Broadcasting networks around the world have reserved regional rights to telecast live action from the 2020 Summer Olympics. Following is a list of the major ones:-
- Seven Network reserves the broadcasting rights in Australia
- In case of Austria, it is ORF
- TyC Sports, in Argentina
- In Belgium, the official broadcasters are VRT and RTBF
- Grupo Globo and BandSports own these rights in Brazil
- Canada has CBC/Radio Canada, Sportsnet, TSN and TLN
- CCTV in China
- In case of Denmark, it is DR
- France Télévisions and Eurosport will broadcast the event in France
- German audience can catch the action on ARD and ZDF
- ERT own these rights in Greece
- As for the Indian subcontinent, the rights are owned by Sony Pictures Network
- For Italy, it is the usual RAI
- Japan has Japan Consortium
- Televisa, TV Azteca and Imagen Televisión will telecast in Mexico
- In case of Netherlands, it is NOS
- TVNZ in New Zealand
- SBS reserves broadcasting rights in both North and South Korea
- For Norway, it is TVNorge
- Grupo ATV for Peru
- TVP are the official broadcasters in Poland
- RTP, in Portugal
- As for Singapore, it is Mediacorp
- Spanish audience will rely on RTVE
- SABC and SuperSport own the broadcasting rights in South Africa
- For Sweden, it will be Kanal 5
- SRG SSR, in Switzerland
- Plan B Media and AIS will broadcast in Thailand
- In the case of the United Kingdom, it’s the usual BBC and Eurosport
- Like always, in the United States, it’s NBCUniversal
Watching Wrestling at 2020 Summer Olympics without cable
You can even live stream all the Wrestling action on your PC, mobile devices, or even a compatible TV, using any of the following streaming services:-
- Hulu+ Live TV: At USD 54.99/month you can have access to complete live coverage.
- Fubo TV: Subscription to this sports-oriented streaming service will let you access limited coverage. This on-demand and live streaming service offer a USD 59.99/month package that enables you to watch 100 channels and a USD 64.99/month package that enables you to watch 109 channels.
- Youtube TV: With a USD 64.99/month subscription you can catch limited coverage of the Olympics. It is one of the best options with its immense offerings of live broadcasting channels.
- Apart from these options, you can also watch the Olympic Games on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
Watching Wrestling at 2020 Summer Olympics from anywhere in the world
One may at times be unable to stream the content they want due to their geographical location. This annoying problem called ‘geo-restriction’ can be eliminated by using a VPN service, such as Nord VPN, Express VPN, IPVanish, etc.
Watching Wrestling at 2020 Summer Olympics using Reddit
Reddit is one of the most trusted platforms to watch live sports, entertainment, and media online for free. Once you register yourself and create an account on Reddit, you can stream the Olympics events free of cost. All you have to do is navigate to a relevant subreddit and look for links posted by fellow Reddit users that will let you catch the live-action.